------------- HOMOCHIC ------------- PEE PLAY EUROPEAN TOUR

On May 31st Homochic's Jacob Sperber (aka Dee Jay Pee Play of Honey Soundsystem) will be going on a 6 week trip to the UK, Italy, and Germany to DJ. On his way he will be using this page as a way to document his many encounters into what is Homochic in major cities like London, Italy, and Berlin. Visit every day in June to catch a glimpse of the new music, the sex clubs, the galleries, and the adventures through the eyes of our Homochic correspondent.

Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 4 - June 3rd




Today's theme is communication. Boy was it an interesting one for me today.

Cell Phone:
I bought a cell phone today to keep in touch with people and feel more connected to reality.
I learned about the area code mishigas in and around London. Thanks to hostess with the mostest it was easy as pie to get this pain in the ass of an errand done.

Maps:
All of the maps we could find ignored the neighborhood I am staying in. Map shade!

Credit Card:
American credit cards don't have this chip in them that helps them be read at all of the places I prefer to use my plastic with. Computer chip shade!

Bus Drivers:
Even when I am fully pronouncing something here people still think I am speaking another language. Accent shade!

Power conversion:
I bought a power converter today, it works with every other plug... DC shade!

Jon:
Jon and I hung out tonight and he took me on my first bus ride to the east end. London's equivalent to the Mission, Jon has quickly made his way into my heart. On our way to
the Star bar, what could be bottom of the hill, the make-out room, and Space gallery all wrapped into one, Jon showed me around my map. Jon talks in a thick accent, I understand almost everything he says but he has a tendency to speak very fast. Actually, I think he speaks more enthusiastically then anyone I have ever met. Its freaking adorable and I think I am getting addicted to it. Regardless, I didn't learn a thing from the map workover.

BBC:
Apparently after a certain hour many BBC channels have sign language guides super imposed onto the regularly scheduled programming. These men and women of service are little superstars in their own right. There are so many cynical comments I want to add right now but rather, how about you guys comment on these videos and we can work from there!



Drugs:
An 1/8 of smokables here is not what it is in the states. Regardless of my bitching its pretty good shit.

More to come. gotta go to bed!


(c) Homochic 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home