------------- HOMOCHIC ------------- PEE PLAY EUROPEAN TOUR

On May 31st Homochic's Jacob Sperber (aka Dee Jay Pee Play of Honey Soundsystem) will be going on a 6 week trip to the UK, Italy, and Germany to DJ. On his way he will be using this page as a way to document his many encounters into what is Homochic in major cities like London, Italy, and Berlin. Visit every day in June to catch a glimpse of the new music, the sex clubs, the galleries, and the adventures through the eyes of our Homochic correspondent.

Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States

Sunday, June 8, 2008

DAY 6 - June 5th

My last day of blue balls in the city I found myself in quite a foul mood all day. Mostly I keep waking up late and everything is closed so early here! In turn I end up not getting food until its too late and we all know how cranky I am when I am malnourished! The whole day was really a battle with the tube and getting to Heaven for Hercules + Love Affair live with Jim + James of Horsemeat spinning records. We got flyers for our party on Sunday that I designed. I practically shit my pants when I found out how much they cost (500 blk + white copies for 200 USD!).

Heaven was my first "big" London club, its the closest building I've gone to with a castle theme. There were large arched brick entranceway's and the dj booth was set on a huge mezzanine overlooking the dancefloor. Security on the way in was tight, like big clubs are, and was super sketchy about everything I tried to bring in. When inside I heard Jim Stanton playing one of my favorite tracks right now, Riva Star's Jack My Bell. The crowd went crazy after the breakdowns and everyone was pumped for Hercules' set. The show was sold out and the boys had quite a dancefloor.

Highlights of the evening from then on:
  • Nomi from Hercules + Love Affair and her pink tassel cocktail dress change and high heels (and finding out three days later she is a MTF)
  • James from Horsemeat Disco's booty shake while DJ'ing
  • Meeting Riton of Ibiza's We Love fame and Gucci Soundsystem. He was sweet but not gay enough to fulfill my full fantasies of a Santiago-Riton Ibiza Beach Sand Which.
  • NYC superstar shade
  • Making egg in the hole for Jim + Eric at 4am (SIDE MESSAGE TO ZANA: No one has ever heard or had egg in the hole here and they are flipping out about it! I made your recipe)







(c) Homochic 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home