------------- HOMOCHIC ------------- PEE PLAY EUROPEAN TOUR

On May 31st Homochic's Jacob Sperber (aka Dee Jay Pee Play of Honey Soundsystem) will be going on a 6 week trip to the UK, Italy, and Germany to DJ. On his way he will be using this page as a way to document his many encounters into what is Homochic in major cities like London, Italy, and Berlin. Visit every day in June to catch a glimpse of the new music, the sex clubs, the galleries, and the adventures through the eyes of our Homochic correspondent.

Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ROME CHIAMPINO to BERLIN

UPDATED BELOW 7-13-2008

OKAY, so I am in Berlin. I just had some of the dirtiest sex of my life in a backroom with someone "very special" and I have not blogged in like 4 days.

I had a nightmarish 24 hours of missing my flight to Berlin and then going back to the airport the next day just to get raped by the airline company I was flying with for all the money I made djing in Rome. Then after I get through security I realize I have lost my fucking phone!

24 hours later, I have rented a bike in Berlin and met Daniel Wang, Prosumer, and been to Cookies Club and eaten good Berlin food (which is kinda good food, not great).

I am sleeping at Jeffrey Sfire's place and he has been super sweet, taking me around to meet all of his friends and explore the city.

------------------------

Landing in Berlin was the first city where regardless of all the anxiety that comes with a touchdown in a completely foreign place I felt completely at home. Mind you I had things to worry about. Not only had I just spend about half a months rent on transporting my baggage and changing my flight but once past airport security I realized I had lost my phone. I turned on my laptop only to find no wireless access. I went to the internet kiosk to find that it had euro's jammed in the payslot and that the digital payment system was as easy as getting Bush out of office (not easy). It wasn't until I realized that I had left my credit card in the internet death machine that I felt my insides start to quiver. The only thing I knew for sure was that I was getting on a plane. Other then that... where I was going when I got to Berlin, Giacomo's phone number, his address, whether or not he know when I was getting in, how to get from the airport to the city...

Deciding it was time to phone home and have a breakdown phone call to mom I try my luck at more antiquated land line technology. Waiting for the cast of the OC to finish calling mom and dad's accountant finally I get a phone. Euro's get rejected, a digital voice spits gibberish at me, I try a credit card, it gets spit out.

Rome Chiampino Airport TKO!

I sit down and give all of gate 25B my bottom scowl. The look must have worked as two electro indie kids with a Rolling Stone magazine sit next to me. After giving them the American accent and dropping some names I get to use their phone. I call the only numbers I have on me and get a bit of security from Francesco's voice telling me that he will try to contact Giacomo for me. This is strike three on the good visitor report card, it was time to make my exit, and fast.





The two electro boys turned out to be "The Ladykillers" from a smaller Italian city along the coast. It was going to be their first time in Berlin and they had me write down some places to go in payment for my phone calls. They proceeded to explain what the "Ladykillers" where and I played it straight for them. Saved by the bell we all got on the plane and I sat down next to a couple that turned out to be jet setters who ran a label for 8bit techno music.

The business card (pic soon):
(written in a creepy old english font)
Daniel F. Wehleit

big bleeper

Daniel Wehleit was your average computer nerd mit gorgeous and quite charismatic Italian girlfriend. His label, Bleep Street Records (myspace.com/bleepstreetrecords) is based in Berlin but originally from like some nordic city or some shit. He was very excited about the music and his label and was also excited to hear that I knew friends who used the hack-card that they produced to get beats and sounds from Nintendos. Him and his girlfriends enthusiasm about Berlin was meshing quite well with where my mood was going.

To be quite honest, this whole trip was about Berlin, an excuse to go, an excuse to get closer, and an excuse to go to Panorama Bar. The closer the plane got, the more relaxed I became. Daniel offered me his information if I had trouble with the gays and that was quite sweet. Once off the plane I headed past what looked like a customs desk (they must really not give a fuck, not even a passport check, no berlin stamp, nothing, I should have brought guns) and into the mini-baggage pick up and through the exit doors. Greeting me on the other side where the ever so adorable Giacomo and Jeffrey Sfire fully equip with German attitudes and Berlin area codes.

Danke, lets do this!












(c) Homochic 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home